Medicare Open Enrollment is just around the corner!
Below is some useful information that you can use if you are not sure about the Medicare coverage changes
you can make, as well as open enrollment beginning October 15 through December 7
Have a great day!
Current Medicare beneficiaries can change their coverage choices once a year during the Medicare Open Enrollment Period (OEP). The OEP starts on October 15 and ends on December 7 every year. It is sometimes called the Annual Enrollment Period, or AEP.
During OEP, you can switch between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage, change your Medicare Advantage or prescription drug plan and more.
What you can do during the Medicare OEP
The Medicare OEP is similar to open enrollment for health care insurance you may have had through an employer. Each year, you get to explore all your Medicare choices to make sure that you have the right coverage for you going forward. If what you already have is working for you, then great. You can relax and let the Medicare OEP pass by. However, if your health status or life circumstances have changed, then you may need to change your Medicare coverage, too.
It’s a good idea to assess your current coverage in the weeks leading up to the Medicare OEP. Then you can be ready to take action as needed to ensure that you have the coverage you need for the coming year.
Here’s what you can do during the Medicare OEP.
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to a different Medicare Advantage plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to one that does.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan that offers drug coverage to one that doesn’t.
- Join a Medicare prescription drug plan.
- Switch from one Medicare prescription drug plan to a different Medicare prescription drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
–This information was provided by Medicare Made Clear
http://www.turning65-newtomedicare.com – Turning 65 ? Looking for reliable Medicare Insurance? or Looking to get better rates. The Litchfield Insurance Agency assists everyone. Whether it be Medicare, Health, Life. We will find the right plan for you. Serving Redlands, Banning, Yucaipa and the Inland Empire.